Burbank, California

I just came back from a flight from Düsseldorf to Los Angeles.I was send an email by Air Berlin asking if I wanted to upgrade my seat to business class by paying the required fee off €75.

I thought what a great deal maybe the plane is not full and therefore they want to fill the plane even if the charge is minimal. When I got to the counter, the agent checking me in had no information on such change. She also stated that for €75 I would only be entitled to a free seat next to me. After much debate and arguing I agreed to a free seat next to me.

When I got to the plane I saw that the plane was not completely full and a girl sitting on the other side of the aisle also had a free seat. I asked her if she paid for that seat that was empty and she replied no. I was mad as ***. I also had an issue when checking in when my carry-on was 2 kilos over the limit.

The agent asked me to remove items from my carry-on or pay $125. As I am removing things for my carry-on I noticed a young man behind me checking in with a big guitar. The agent told him that the guitar was too big as carry-on. He asked the agent what he should do now, he could not leave his guitar behind.

The agent replied that the plane was not full and she would just take the guitar free of charge. I was appalled. I've never flown Aberlin and after filling out a complaint form three times about one week ago and still not receiving a response I will not ever recommend this airline to anyone. The customer service or the lack off is simply unacceptable for the amount of money they charge you for a ticket.

One more thing that made the flight even more of a nightmare was the fact that the movies online did not work. After checking with the flightcrew I was told that they had checked everything they could do and do movies were simply not working.

Which made this 11 hour flight seem like an eternity!I expected more from a German airline!

Review about: Air Berlin Flight.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Air Berlin?

Comments

Your complaint lacks merit because do not have all the facts.You admit your bag was overweight.

The other person with a guitar a) may have been a frequent flyer with them, b) may have bought a much more expensive ticket than you, and c) may have gotten sympathy from the agent because he could not "cut" down his guitar at home, unlike you who could have weighed and unloaded your bag beforehand.

You were sent an email about upgrading your seat, but apparently failed to bring it to the airport. That's like going to the store and telling the clerk you have a coupon, but left it at home.

The girl may have taken a chance whether a vacant seat was available next to her. You, instead, choice to pay 75 euros to guarantee there was a vacant seat.

Yet all you do is get made and complain when these are decisions you made, or made without all the facts.Next