I just came back from a flight from Düsseldorf to Los Angeles.I was send an email by Air Berlin asking if I wanted to upgrade my seat to business class by paying the required fee off €75.
I thought what a great deal maybe the plane is not full and therefore they want to fill the plane even if the charge is minimal. When I got to the counter, the agent checking me in had no information on such change. She also stated that for €75 I would only be entitled to a free seat next to me. After much debate and arguing I agreed to a free seat next to me.
When I got to the plane I saw that the plane was not completely full and a girl sitting on the other side of the aisle also had a free seat. I asked her if she paid for that seat that was empty and she replied no. I was mad as ***. I also had an issue when checking in when my carry-on was 2 kilos over the limit.
The agent asked me to remove items from my carry-on or pay $125. As I am removing things for my carry-on I noticed a young man behind me checking in with a big guitar. The agent told him that the guitar was too big as carry-on. He asked the agent what he should do now, he could not leave his guitar behind.
The agent replied that the plane was not full and she would just take the guitar free of charge. I was appalled. I've never flown Aberlin and after filling out a complaint form three times about one week ago and still not receiving a response I will not ever recommend this airline to anyone. The customer service or the lack off is simply unacceptable for the amount of money they charge you for a ticket.
One more thing that made the flight even more of a nightmare was the fact that the movies online did not work. After checking with the flightcrew I was told that they had checked everything they could do and do movies were simply not working.
Which made this 11 hour flight seem like an eternity!I expected more from a German airline!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Air Berlin Flight 7430
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 3/2/2015 I took a DIRECT flight on Spirit Airlines from FLL to BOS. Flight number 610 to be exact. I was traveling with my one-year-old son at the time. We..."
- "I had a family emergency, and had to book my flight round trip, from Portland, Maine, to Tampa, Florida with a stop in Atlanta. I have always flown U.S. Air,..."
- "My American Airlines mishaps... On Friday afternoon on August 29 @ 5:00pm, my sister dropped me off at the Mobile Alabama airport for a 6:45 flight with American Airlines (Eagle). Regarding..."
- "I had the worst customer service from the manager, Candy, at the downtown LA Zara located at 7th and Figueroa. After a pair of jeans rang up $10 more..."
- "Today, June 6, 2016; I had the worst experience in an LQ stay that I have ever had. It occurred in LQ Santa Clarita-Valencia because of their terrible breakfast bar..."
- "I lived at the Media Center apartments before Avalonbay Communities Inc. purchased the place and fired all of the professional staff. They hired incompetent and unhelpful staff - who would..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."